HGV Driver – Wolverhampton Branch (Birmingham North)
Location Post Code: WV1 2HS
Title: HGV Driver
Hours: 8am to 4.30pm Monday to Thursday and 8am to 3.30pm Friday. Overtime will be available at the discretion of the Manager and may vary by route and season.
Accountable To: Depot Manager – Wessex Eagle Ltd
Summary of Post
Drivers are responsible for the delivery of various Plant items from our location in Wolverhampton, covering the West Midlands and surrounding areas.
This position routinely requires physical exertion and entering/exiting the delivery vehicle many times per day.
Our delivery Drivers are exposed to differing weather conditions.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with an ability to communicate effectively and who will keep a
professional outlook at all times, be able to prioritise tasks and work well in a very busy environment.
In return we offer good rates of pay and an immediate start for the right candidate.
• Operate the vehicle in a safe manner in compliance with all Road Traffic Act regulations and company
• Provide a delivery service of Plant on assigned route(s) in a timely manner.
• Delivery and removal of Plant to/from customers and/or suppliers.
• Maintain and update needed route information in an organised manner and communicate with
relevant branch personnel.
• Professional and friendly interaction with internal and external customers.
• Maintain a clean vehicle.
Successful candidates will have:
• General knowledge and understanding of how to navigate, as well as a working knowledge of the
geography of the West Midlands and surrounding areas, roadways and a good sense of direction.
• Ability to perform physical requirements of the job (physical exertions, including driving, lifting,
pushing, pulling and climbing).
• A positive and professional manner while handling interruptions or changes to route to
accommodate customer or company needs.
• Ability and willingness to work overtime and occasional weekends.
• Good written and verbal communication skills to be able to communicate effectively and
professionally with customers and fellow workers.
• Must have a valid HGV driver’s license.
The post holder must maintain the confidentiality of all information about staff, customers and other aspects
of the business, in particular compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Health and Safety
Employees must be aware of the responsibilities placed upon them under the Health and Safety at Work etc
Act 1974, to ensure that the agreed safety procedures are carried out to maintain a safe environment for all
employees and visitors.
The post holder must at all times be diligent towards their responsibilities of the company Equal Opportunities
This job description is intended as a guide to the scope of the duties and responsibilities of this post, and is not
meant as an inflexible specification. It may be reviewed from time to time in consultation with the post holder,
in line with changing circumstances and in light of organisational change.